BRIEF: Michelin wanted to release its 2017 Guide for UK and Ireland at a live ceremony in London, to further solidify the connection between Michelin tyres and the prestigious Michelin star awards.
VENUE: AOK Venues looked into over 60 venues for the perfect space for Michelin event, finally putting forward IET Savoy Place. It fit the bill for a premium, modern & inspiring space, and consequently, Michelin booked the Riverside Room and the Kelvin Lecture Theatre for the event.
WHAT WE DID: AOK Creative managed the pre-event logistics, sponsorship liaison and event management on the day of the ceremony.
-Liaising with sponsors, tending to their requirements & getting sign-off for their stands as well as setting up on the day of the event.
- Booking food tastings and liaising with caterers.
- Playing a key part in booking the event’s moderator, Sian Jones.
- Managing guest registration with x2 reception areas, one being a secret entrance for award winners.
- Assisting with ceremony rehearsals.
- Chaperoning chefs on the day of the event.
- All AV and set design for the main auditorium to be used for the awards ceremony.
RESULTS: The event was a fantastic success, with Managing Director of Michelin Restaurant & Hotel Guides, Michael Ellis stating this event was the benchmark of all future events.