MARKETING ASSISTANT – REPORTING TO MARKETING MANAGER
AOK Events is made up of our 3 core events services, working seamlessly across the board to deliver the very best in events, venue finding and hospitality.
We're a team who totally love what we do and it shows in not only our work but our working environment.
To support our growing company we are looking for a bright, creative and enthusiastic marketing assistant to join our busy marketing team.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Generating high spec, in-depth and visually exciting proposals for use in pitches by the AOK Creative team.
- Gathering content from across the company and events industry as a whole to generate top class social media content.
- Generating regular e-shots, delivering content to our database from across all three departments of AOK Events.
- Working with the AOK Marketing Champions to create regular timely content for the AOK Events blog.
- Regularly updating 4+ websites to including our online hospitality calendar.
- Generating a wide variety of marketing collateral.
- Attending events and creating in-depth case studies.
- Liaising with suppliers and events media. Generating Press Releases on behalf of the company.
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a desire to build productive relationships with all levels of co-workers, clients, and the media.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills, imagination and tone of voice.
- A strong creative flair, with a keen eye for visual design and attention to detail.
- Experience using social platforms for business purposes.
- Be able to protect and work firmly within the company brand guidelines.
- Have strong Microsoft Power Point skills
- Have some design experience
Plus – additional bonuses of the candidate:
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Mail Chimp or other HTML Email apps
- Interest in live events and sports
- An interest in culture, the arts, technology and exploring creativity
If you think you have what it takes to join our fantastic marketing team, please send your CV along with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE (PART TIME)
Contract: July-September 2017. 2 days per week (negotiable)
wefindvenues is a fast-growing start-up which allows customers to find and book a range of venues quickly and easily using our online tool combined with a helpful customer service team. We assist some of the world’s largest companies find and book venues across the UK and Europe.
wefindvenues is part of the AOK Events Group, one of the UK’s largest and most respected event management services providers, with an annual turnover in excess of £12M.
We are looking for someone to join our team on a part-time basis (negotiable) to promote our new ‘Verified Venues’ packages to venues across the UK. This newly launched product is designed to offer venues an enhanced listing on wefindvenues, as well as promotion both externally through social media & digital marketing, and internally within the teams of wefindvenues & AOK Events.
- You will be charged with approaching venues via phone & email to introduce our new product, explain the benefits, allay any concerns they may have and close the sale.
- Seek new leads through diligent sales research, approaching them via phone or email.
- Working with the rest of the team to ensure that they are referring leads to you and assisting with promoting the product.
- Introduce new venues to the concept and benefits of wefindvenues and encourage them to sign up to the website if they aren’t already members.
- Monitor sales leads using our internal system, 3D, and follow up at appropriate times.
- Manage the admin for each sale, this will include altering terms & conditions and raising invoices.
- Assist our in-house marketing team to produce and distribute materials promoting the packages.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starting, driven individual, ideally with experience of sales in a hospitality background. A confident a mature attitude to approaching people via phone and email is a must. You will be able to work as part of a team and on your own, as well as deal with and influence stakeholders of all levels across the business.
- Reporting – You will report to Director of Venues, Paul Moynihan.
- Remuneration – Basic hourly rate + commission
The role will be home based, however there is the opportunity to work from our Clapham Junction office if suitable.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV along with a short covering letter to email@example.com